Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Real Rant Wednesday: Tired

I am tired. And I'm heading into a full season. 

I am not quite sure why I am tired, or how this exactly happened because technically, I have been on summer break.

I have rested from school work, but I haven't really rested from anything else.

What is rest anyway?

Sometimes I feel like I get it confused with laziness. Other times I disguise rest with "low-key" business. But sometimes time with others turns into work.

Join with me as I journey to discover what rest really is.

I'm going to try to discover the true meaning of rest as I enter into another full season. 

I feel like I have missed out on the opportunity for an extended season of rest, but I also believe that God doesn't want me to have JUST a season of rest, or JUST a  few moments of rest. 

I think God wants me to operate out of rest.

I wish I could say that that meant I was going to forgo all current responsibilities. Unfortunately, I can't sit at home eating bonbons. I'm pretty sure that you can't either.

My main question: How does one operate out of rest? 

I'm beginning to think that operating out of rest starts in how you think. I believe rest can be a mind set. 

I don't have the details on this whole mindset thing just yet. But I am really going to seek an answer to this during the next few days. I will journal my experiences with rest and share them with you in the next few days. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment