Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Life in Next and Now

Right now, I am finding myself very fulfilled in the 3rd day of teaching my incredible, crazy, hormonal, insightful, high school students. 

I have a class at the end of the day with a lot of struggling learners and they have made a special way into my heart already.

To think that at one time I dreaded this season. 

I remember hearing God call me into teaching High School like He was calling me to the mission field. (In many ways it has been like that...)

And I remember being so upset about it! 

It's funny how the seasons God drags you kicking and screaming into are the same seasons you gain such a new perspective from. Perhaps it is the perspective of being dragged that makes God appear so much bigger. Or maybe it's because eventually we are looking up at Him and that's what He wants after all.

He has told me that this season of teaching High School students is not my 50 year plan. But today, and the past three days, I really loved it. 

To think that if my attitude hadn't changed my perspective might not have either.

Your season is a training ground, but it is also a place for you to live fully. Now is not the place to live in Next.

When Next becomes Now then live it fully as well.

Just don't stay too long in the Now, overstaying your welcome in the Now will one day mean you are living in past obedience. 

Enjoy now. Enjoy singleness. Enjoy a full house with screaming kids. Enjoy school. Enjoy your profession. Live Now fully. But don't neglect the Next.

No comments:

Post a Comment