Thursday, June 25, 2015

The Underpinnings

Why The Underpinnings?

Underpinnings are a solid foundation laid below ground level to support or strengthen a building.

I love the idea of building. I love the vision of it. I love how the foundations support the rooms which support the roof which cover the whole thing in protection.

Underpinnings are also known as ways to strengthen the foundation of already existing buildings for additional support. I believe there is a great call on people among all ages to be a people who support the foundations.

To be a people who get down under already existing foundations of local churches and organizations to strengthen them from the bottom up.

Or to start a new foundation. To start a new building. 

The Underpinnings aren't always glamorous. The Underpinnings are rarely dainty.

The Underpinnings are knee deep in dirt. They are sweaty. They are workin'. 

But they aren't working so hard that they can't stand. They are standing on the Cornerstone. They are resting on the rock of Jesus.

So, yes, their work is hard. So, yes, their burden is light.

Feeling the beautiful tension yet?

I hope that you check in with me as I enjoy both the tension and the beauty of living a life as an underpinning.


I hope that you find these posts to support you as you support others.

No comments:

Post a Comment