Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Arise


One night, I had a terrible dream. I was asleep in a very confined space. All of the sudden I realized the dark, confined space was a coffin. With the new understanding that I was trapped in a coffin, I had a new feeling of being alive. 
I WAS NOT DEAD.
I WAS ALIVE AND WANTED EVERYONE TO KNOW IT.
I started banging my right fist against the wood above me. I heard a whisper say, "You are dead. Why are you even trying?"
But the voice only made me want to get out faster. 
Suddenly, my fist broke through the wood. Light poured inside. Even though I wasn't completely out, there was something about that light that promised freedom. 
I woke up.
***
God wants us to rise up and know that we are fully awake and FULLY ALIVE. 
Let the whispers of the enemy push us only to a greater awareness of the power God has placed within us and the urgency in which we should harness it and GET UP. 
***
Dear God,
I pray that You would wake us up to any places in our lives that are dead. I pray that You would restore life to our fragile places. I pray that You would renew what is asleep within us. I pray that the voice we hear that tells us we should just go back to sleep would do the exact opposite. I pray it would throw us out of slumber. 
Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment