Monday, September 14, 2015

Expecting.



I live in a small town outside of historic Charleston, SC.

I have been waiting for this morning for about 3 months. I walked outside and I know something has changed.

The breeze is blowing and I run inside to grab a blanket. It's 55-- (depending on where you are this might be considered beach weather...) and to me it is perfect.

I fix my breakfast and a pot of tea with an overly large portion of local wildflower honey and bask in the glory of 6:15am.

Then, just as I settle in, the Lord says, "You will be pregnant most of your life."

?!?!?!?!?

"Umm, excuse me Lord, what was that?"
And I hear it for the second time. I also hear a chuckle.

"I am going to birth things through you your whole life. You are going to give new life."

The Lord is doing something new, and it's in YOU.

Feed yourself to nourish the creation God is going to birth in you. Stop in-taking what is poisonous to growth. Take in what is pure. Our lives are bigger than ourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment